Become a Patron!
This week we bring you some good news about Britt Hermes’ crowd funding campaign run by the Australian Skeptics, a bit of an update on LSD and what a good trip is then move on to news from Hungary, Sweden, the Ukraine, Spain and Germany with a food supplement producer being fined for false advertisement, a major anti-vaxxer and flat-earther being prosecuted for letting his own child die, measles spreading wildly both in Sweden and in the Ukraine, the launch of a project called “Science in the Parliament” in Spain, the latest issue of Escepticos out now and the first major article on the website of the German Homeopathy Information Network (run by Natalie Grams) released in English.
Well, the Pope has also become a record holder with getting our Really Wrong prize for the third time…
Intro; Greetings; The Week in Skepticism; News; Really wrong; Quote; Outro; Outtakes
- A great success of the Australian Skeptics campaign to help raise fund for Britt Marie Hermes for legal fees after she was being sued for defamation. Initial target is reached however the campaign is still open. Please consider donating here
- Some feedback on our “on this day segment” from Episode 107 regarding LSD effect
00:08:41 This Week in Skepticism
Burzynski was born on January 23, 1943 in Lublin, Poland. The founder of Burzynski Clinic
00:20:36 Skeptical News
- HUNGARY: Food supplement producer fined for using fake recommendation from medical association. Article link here
- SWEDEN: Swedish measles epidemic now reached 28 cases. Article link here
- UKRAINE: Measles outbreak kills 8 in the Ukraine.
https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/measles-kills-8-people-ukraine.html http://outbreaknewstoday.com/ukraine-reports-3000-measles-cases-nov-2017/ http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=406&artikel=6863949
- SPAIN: CienciaenelParlamento. Article link here
- SPAIN: Escepticos No. 48 out. Article link here
- HUNGARY: Antivax guy prosecuted after having let own child
- GERMANY: InformationNetzwerk Homaeopatie now in English:
Homöopathie-Kritik jetzt auch auf Englisch – und in Spanien
00:45:39 Really Wrong:
The Pope: Third time’s a charm…
“We must trust to nothing but facts: These are presented to us by Nature, and cannot deceive. We ought, in every instance, to submit our reasoning to the test of experiment, and never to search for truth but by the natural road of experiment and observation.” /Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier, French chemist./