On this Episode:
It was Homeopathy (and Chiropractic) Awareness Week, but wee had a lot of other stuff like anniversaries and awards to talk about on this episode, including 2 years of Information Netzwerk Homeopathie with Natalie Grams, 6 years of both ComCept running skeptical activism in Portugal and Spanish Skeptics running the show Pensando Críticamente.
Also, ComCept just announced their Flying Unicorn Awards, whilst CICAP has announced that there would be a CICAPfest held this year in Padova. In France, physicians appeal to get rid of alternative medicine, and in Italy, Massimo Polidoro recently launched his new video series on YouTube!
Let’s go nuts and follow Virgin Galactic on their journey to space tourism, but don’t forget Mark Zuckerberg’s promises to keep fighting against false information and brainwashing with Facebook.
Please also check out our event page at https://theesp.eu/events_in_europe
Intro; Greetings; Various updates; Updates from around Europe; Quote; Farewell; Outro; Out-takes
00:02:25: Updates from around Europe
- HUNGARY: Andras talks about Hungarian elections and possible fraud. What do this results mean to Hungary and his future in Politics
- INTERNATIONAL: Homeopathy awareness week https://www.homeopathyawarenessweek.org/
- ITALY: Massimo Polidor started new YouTube series. Check hie channel out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSKSPISyIsexROCyKZLkD9w?pbjreload=10
- ITALY: CICAP Fest 2018 is being announced. Check out the info here: http://www.cicaptoscana.org/archivi/14-news/21-cicpa-fest-2018
- GERMANY: Skepcon is happening between 10 and 12 of May 2018 in Coln. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1590173934369704/
- SPAIN: Podcast Pensando Críticamente is celebration 6 years from its inception
- PORTUGAL: Compcept organisation in Portugal announced annual Flying Unicorn Award 2017 winners
- Happy birthday to Natalie Grams and Netzwerk Homeopathie
- INTERNATIONAL: Fact checking day https://factcheckingday.com/
- FRANCE: 124 Physicians in an appeal to get rid of alternative medicine https://www.topsante.com/medecine/votre-sante-vous/professionnels-de-sante/les-medecines-alternatives-au-coeur-du-debat-624938 https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conseil_de_l%27Ordre_des_m%C3%A9decins_en_France
”I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” – Arthur C. Clarke