On this episode, you’ll find news, events and interesting topics, including trends in the perception of climate change, Prince Charles promoting quackery again and a small infant in Hungary dying of malnutrition with the assistance of quacks.
Intro; Greetings & Feedback; On this day; What’s on in Europe?; What’s hot in Europe?; Logical Fallacies; Really Wrong; Quote
Greetings & feedback
- Contact us!
- Elsevier: From scientific study to public opinion – is John Oliver right?
- About Elsevier on Wikipedia
On This Day: 20th May
Everybody Draw Mohamed Day
What’s on in Europe?
- Check out our “Events in Europe” calendar!
What’s Hot in Europe?
Swedish skeptical chiropractor(!) Hanna Brus writes excellent article about EMS
- Expressen article (in Swedish)
- The key to the public understanding of climate change
- Court ruling on the case of the death of an infant in Hungary
- Noémi Kocsis: Report from a 15-month trial on the “sun feeding” case (in Hungarian)
Logical Fallacies – Strawman Fallacy
Really Wrong: Prince Charles of the United Kingdom for promoting quackery
- The Guardian: Prince Charles: I use homeopathy in animals to cut antibiotic use
- The Conversation: Dear Prince Charles: an open letter about homeopathy from a chemist
“It is not hard to learn more. What is hard is to unlearn when you discover yourself wrong.”
/Martin H. Fischer, German-American physician and writer/