On this episode, you’ll find news, events and interesting topics, including Brexit, Sense About Science to open EU office, NHS Liverpool to stop funding homeopathy and Marko Kovic, president of Skeptiker Schweiz publishes an article on the concept of critical thinking.
Intro; Greetings & Feedback; On this day; What’s on in Europe?; What’s hot in Europe?; Logical Fallacies; Really Wrong; True or False?; Quote
- Contact us!
- Sense About Science to launch EU office: Standing up for evidence and reason in Europe
- Mostviertel Humanism & Skepticism Initiative (Initiative Humanismus und Skeptizismus Mostviertel): Twitter account: @IHS_Mostviertel; email: IHS_Mostviertel@gmx.at
- Check out our “Events in Europe” calendar!
- The Independent: Abortion pills flown into Northern Ireland by drone in abortion ban protest
- The Guardian: Drone delivers abortion pills to Northern Irish women
- In the early 1900s an American charlatan (who claimed to be a doctor) claimed he could cure impotence, infertility and other sexual problems by surgically implanting goat testicles into men’s scrotum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Brinkley)
- In ancient Egypt the contraceptive of choice was crocodile dung. Dried dung was inserted into the vagina, the idea being that it would soften as it reached body temperature to form an impenetrable barrier (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12540/When-crocodile-dung-contraception.html)
- An immunologist of university in New Deli deliberately endured more than 160 self-inflicted snake bites in a bid to become immune to venom and to develop a vaccine against snake bites.
/Bertrand Russell, British philosopher/