On this episode, you’ll find news, events and interesting topics, including Skepsis, the Norwegian skeptical organisation revitalised, the status of homeopathy in the Czech Republic, AllTrials starts TrialsTracker, an automated tool to find unpublished trials, a German university to offer a homeopathy course, James Randi receives the first Oberhummer Prize in Vienna, CICAP launches the next Mystery Investigator Course in Padova and El Esceptico Nr. 45 is out of the print. Also featuring a report from QED 2016 with Eran Segev from the Australian Skeptics as well as Diana Barbosa and Joao Monteiro from ComCept, the Portugese Skeptic Community.
Intro; Greetings & Feedback; On this day; What’s on in Europe?; What’s hot in Europe?; QED report; Really Wrong; Quote
Greetings & feedback
- The website of the European Council of Skeptical Organisations (ECSO)
- Doubtful News: Continue, we must: US needs critical thinking advocates to step up and be heard
On This Day: 21st November
François-Marie Arouet AKA Voltaire (born 21st Novembr 1694)
Biography of Voltaire on Biography.com
What’s on in Europe?
- Check out our “Events in Europe” calendar!
- Australian Skeptics National Convention
- Independent: New supersonic jet faster than Concorde unveiled
Hot in Europe
- Norwegian Skeptics to revitalize their organization (Skepsis)
- Homeopathy in the Czech Republic
- Edzard Ernst: Homeopathy in the Czech Republic
- AllTrials launches TrialsTracker
- AllTrials: Launch of new TrialsTracker
- TrialsTracker: Who’s not sharing their trial results?
- German medical school offers course on Homeopathy
- James Randi to receive Science prize in Vienna on 24 November
- GWUP: The first “Oberhummer Award” given to James Randi (in German)
- Sciencebusters website (in German)
- CICAP opens new “Mystery Investigators” course for applications
- CICAP: Course for Investigators of Mysteries 2017 (in Italian)
- Massimo Polidoro’s book out on Tuesday 22 November (in Italian)
- Interview with Eran Segev, president of Australian Skeptics Inc.
- Diana Barbosa and Joao Monteiro from ComCept (Portugal)
Davide Vannoni, Italian stem cell quack
El Esceptico 45 out soon
“It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it”
/Joseph Joubert, French moralist and essayist/