This week Pontus is a bit under the weather so András and Annika send him their “thoughts and prayers” (don’t worry, he is fine). Then we mention an interesting documentary about SCAM practitioners and give a heads up for next weeks jubilee episode 250. And five years ago this week the ESP made its debut! Then we give a Covid update before we get into the news:
- The new Pre-Bunking game: Breaking Harmony Square
- Another science communicator and journalist charged for speaking out against frauds
- Edzard Ernst’s challenge to all homeopaths in the world
- Thermographic imaging – a risk to cancer patients
- Newly emerging issues with climate change actions
- Measles cases in 2019 at a record high in 23 years
To round off the show, Victor Orbán gets a Really Wrong award for using the pandemic as an excuse for homophobic nonsense.
Intro; Greetings; COVID Update; News; Really Wrong; Quote and Farewell; Outro; Out-takes
Events Calendar: https://theesp.eu/events_in_europe
- Interesting documentary about SCAM practitioners
- Public announcement of episode 250!
0:09:57 COVID UPDATE
- GERMANY: Famous Covid denier still not charged – freedom of speech?
- ITALY: Did COVID circulate in Italy as early as September 2019?
- AUSTRIA: Austria in lockdown
- INTERNATIONAL: Promising results of vaccine candidates
- GERMANY: German government message
- INTERNATIONAL: The new Pre-Bunking game: Breaking Harmony Square – of course Sander van der Linden has something to do with it
- GERMANY: Another science communicator and journalist charged for speaking out against frauds
- INTERNATIONAL: Edzard Ernst’s challenge to all homeopaths in the world
- EUROPE: Thermographic imaging – a risk to cancer patients
- INTERNATIONAL: Newly emerging issues with climate change actions
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology: https://www.kit.edu/kit/english/pi_2020_100_green-deal-good-for-a-climate-neutral-europe-bad-for-the-planet.php
- Science Daily: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201112113118.htm
- INTERNATIONAL: Measles cases in 2019 at a record high in 23 years
0:46:00 REALLY WRONG
- VIKTOR ORBÁN FOR USING THE CHAOS CAUSED BY COVID TO COME UP WITH NEW HOMOPHOBIC REGULATIONS
0:54:50 QUOTE AND FAREWELL
“Science may be weird and incomprehensible – more weird and less comprehensible than any theology – but science works. It gets results. It can fly you to Saturn, slingshotting you around Venus and Jupiter on the way. We may not understand quantum theory (heaven knows, I don’t), but a theory that predicts the real world to ten decimal places cannot in any straightforward sense be wrong.”
/ Richard Dawkins (26 March 1941 – ), British ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and author. /