This week András interviewed Sander van der Linden, who is a social psychologist and has done extensive research into how we should approach the fight against #fakenews and the spreading of #misinformation about #climatechange, #vaccinations and all sorts of popular social issues by applying prebunking instead of debunking. He and his team at Cambridge Social Decision-Making Lab have developed a tool that can be used to inoculate people against psychological manipulations and it goes by the name ‘Bad News’.
Intro; Greetings; Interview; Farewell; Outro
Events Calendar: https://theesp.eu/events_in_europe
00:02:13 Interview with Sander van Der Linden
- About Bad News website
- Sander van Der Linden
- NPR: How Psychology Can Save The World From Climate Change
- van der Linden et al. (Perspectives on Psychological Science): Improving Public Engagement With Climate Change: Five “Best Practice” Insights From Psychological Science
- Association for Psychological Science: APS Rising Stars
- Nature: Fake news game confers psychological resistance against online misinformation
- Play the Get Bad News game!