Featuring a short interview with Raffaella Vitali, the only Italian editor of the international Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia (GSoW) project, lots of skeptic events across Europe and much more.
Intro; Greetings; Listener feedback; On this day; What’s on in Europe?; What’s hot in Europe?; Logical Fallacies; Interview with Leon Raffaella Vitali; Really Wrong; Quote
Introduction and greetings
On This Day: 24th February – Johann Weyer, Dutch physician, occultist and demonologist (16th Century)
What’s on in Europe?
What’s Hot in Europe?
- Russian scientists developed an ebola vaccine?
- Homeopathy under attack in several countries – Time to declare it doesn’t work
- St John’s wort recalled after contaminated batches discovered
- Hungarian National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition to file official complaint about colloidal silver products at the Hungarian Competition Authority and Hungarian Authority for Consumer Protection
- Crash Course Astronomy in Several Languages
- Xenophobia on maps – refugee hoaxes across Germany
Logical Fallacies – Argument by repetition
Interview with Raffaella Vitali
Really Wrong: Karolinska Institutet – for failing to protect the public from the actions of a quack
“Science makes people reach selflessly for truth and objectivity; it teaches people to accept reality, with wonder and admiration, not to mention the deep awe and joy that the natural order of things brings to the true scientist.”
/Lise Meitner, Austrian-Swedish physicist/