This week Pontus and Andras try their best to keep your spirit up while talking about the saddening advent of conspiracy theories and an ever growing antivaccination sentiment.
We talk about the great and controversial scientist, the father of glaciology, Jean Louis Rodolphe Agassiz, try to make sense of the Pope’s latest actions as part of the Vatican’s financial reform, bring you a bit of the latest analyses of the COVID-19 situation and lots of news:
– A church congregation in Frankfurt becomes a virus hotspot
– Sweden’s approach looks very different when under the microscope
– Are we loosing against the antivaccination movement?
– Homeopathy International sneakily advises people to take homeopathic products
– Italian MP calls for the arrest of Bill Gates
– Nearlf half of tweets about COVID-19 likely come from bots
– “5GBioShield” hits the market
– WHO report says 80 million children not vaccinated because of COVID-19
– Hungarian snake oil salesman under scrutiny by Competition Authority
The Romanian Ministry of Health gets this week’s Really Wrong Price for failing to provide the necessary vaccination information and immunize the public against measles.
Intro; Greetings; This Week in Skepticism; Pontus Pokes the Pope; COVID-19 Update; News; Really Wrong; Quote and Farewell; Outro
Events Calendar: https://theesp.eu/events_in_europe
0:06:41 This Week in Skepticism
Jean Louis Rodolphe Agassiz (May 28, 1807) – Swiss-American biologist and geologist, founder of glaciology – and creatinist
0:15:05 PONTUS POKES THE POPE
Francis is back on St Peter’s Square, plus he’s starting to consolidate the fortunes of the Church
0:20:06 COVID-19 Update
- Church congregation in Frankfurt spreading virus
- How terrible is the situation in Sweden?
- Are we loosing against the antivaxx movement?
- INTERNATIONAL/UK: Homeopathy International – giving advice on what product to take against Coronavirus
- ITALY: MP calling for the arrest of Bill Gates and spreading conspiracy theories
- INTERNATIONAL: Nearly half of accounts tweeting about Covid-19 are likely bots
- UK: 5G bioshield hitting the market
- INTERNATIONAL: WHO – at least 80 million children not vaccinated because of COVID-19
- HUNGARY: Competition authority scrutinising snake oil salesman
0:59:52 REALLY WRONG
Romanian Ministry of Health failing regarding vaccination information
1:02:39 The Skeptic Zone Ad
1:03:17 Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia Ad
1:04:58 QUOTE AND FAREWELL
“The facts will eventually test all our theories, and they form, after all, the only impartial jury to which we can appeal.”
/Jean Louis Rodolphe Agassiz/